Lossing Pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMC_Brewer

Reaction score
I have a 10lbs CO2 tank and I keep losing all the gas with like 1.5 kegs. Does anyone know what could be happening? I don't think I have a leak in the line. Anybody have any suggestions?

If you don't have a leak in the line, you have a leak in the tank or the keg. I would suspect the keg first. Pull the gas lines from all your kegs, then crank up your pressure, and finally turn of the CO2 on the tank.

Wait a day and see if your regulator is still reading the same pressure. If it is, your leak is definitely in your kegs.

You can look for leaks in kegs by using some starsan or soapy water in a spray bottle and looking for bubbles where you spray it.

I used this technique to find out that one of my corny kegs wasn't completely sealed. I opened it, added a little keg lube, then hit it was a burst of 30psi pressure to force it shut.

Well thanks guys you have solved my CO2 problem. I thought the guy at the liquor store was a real straight shooter. (hangover quote) But the regulator he sent me had a leak in the connection that I cant fix. Already ordered a new one and soon she'll be flowing like the Nile.

I replace my orings every 5 batches of beer that goes into them, and have never had a leak since. Costs about $1.50 to replace them. with 4 kegs, it is far cheaper to keep them maintained, than to pay for a tank refill.

I too found a leak in my brand new regulator. Another set back in starting to keg. Hopefully I have them set up to be christened for the Super Bowl.

Back