Looks Familiar Alibaba

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its made in china for any distributor or other company, It will very often eventually be on alibaba for sale to others.

Buy 50 at say $25 a piece. Resell on eBay for $40 or 50 a piece.

I'm in the wrong business

With shipping they likely come out to closer to $60-90 a piece but the shipping is cheaper if you buy a few samples... thats what I did with the TC based elements I bought for $16 a piece... shipping was like 15 each.

Group buy anyone? Heck even at 100 each shipped I would take 3 55 gallon..

So the response I got for samples was "USD 228 each for 50 gallon, USD 5 each for tri clamp welded fittings" this was for polished with silicon handles. I didn't ask about smaller sizes. But hell at that price even with 5 welded tri clamp fittings per kettle I'm still under 800 for all 3. Pretty good if you ask me.. now I just need an excuse to tell swmbo....

So the response I got for samples was "USD 228 each for 50 gallon, USD 5 each for tri clamp welded fittings" this was for polished with silicon handles. I didn't ask about smaller sizes. But hell at that price even with 5 welded tri clamp fittings per kettle I'm still under 800 for all 3. Pretty good if you ask me.. now I just need an excuse to tell swmbo....

Shipping?

I just said I was interested in 3 samples and they responded. Don't seem to mind selling samples to anyone. Samples are significantly more though. I assume shipping was included in that price as I specifically asked for a shipped price. But I asked again just to be sure.

pretty pricey for the 8 gallon.
this is a reply i got

The sample charge of 8 gallon kettle is USD60/pc, the express fee to USA is about USD135.

It's a kettle not a control panel.

I've had no issues with any samples I've bought from there and I'd say there's no indication what your assuming is true at this point.

I've heard of people here on HBT complaining about problems with kettles they purchased and some had to return them. If the seller will take the item back AND pay the shipping that's great.

I've heard of people here on HBT complaining about problems with kettles they purchased and some had to return them. If the seller will take the item back AND pay the shipping that's great.

Ok, Ive seen many of those threads too. but its pretty rare and in many cases were talking about cosmetic stuff like a surface rust spot where contamination got in during manufacturing which can often be remedied with some bar keepers friend. To some the small risk is worth saving hundreds (And thats in the unlikely case the seller doesnt make it right since these are samples afterall they are usually hand picked premium examples). Just as to others paying 3 times more is worth it to have a warranty that they may never need.

Yea shipping was not included. They did not provide a shipping estimate. I decided to hold off for a couple reasons, one being the price kept going up to the point that there are other options to consider, second I really like spike kettles and while I think this company makes spike kettles, they said they will not sell kettles with the features spikes have. (Step down bottom, thicker gauge metal, sight glass, etc.) They did however say they had done those features for another client. As much as I would like to step up to a 1bbl the minimal savings on inferior kettles isn't worth it to me right now since I already have custom 30 gallon spike kettles that I love. But I think these would be a great cheaper alternative for someone looking at ssbrew kettles. Just my .02

Yea shipping was not included. They did not provide a shipping estimate. I decided to hold off for a couple reasons, one being the price kept going up to the point that there are other options to consider, second I really like spike kettles and while I think this company makes spike kettles, they said they will not sell kettles with the features spikes have. (Step down bottom, thicker gauge metal, sight glass, etc.) They did however say they had done those features for another client. As much as I would like to step up to a 1bbl the minimal savings on inferior kettles isn't worth it to me right now since I already have custom 30 gallon spike kettles that I love. But I think these would be a great cheaper alternative for someone looking at ssbrew kettles. Just my .02
Or for those using it for electric.

What kettle is this supposed to be a copy of?

Take your pick, The same manufacturer may OEM all sorts of "brands" like the megapot and ss brewtech to name a few... Its a pot with holes guys.. theres nothing groundbreaking or complex about it. It doesnt even have ports welded onto it.

They advertise on alibaba to pick up more potential vendors that want to use them for an oem... This is how many marketed products we pay much more for are sold after all the markups from middlemen and marketing.

Just like the 3 bbl system I just bought off there...
Can you guess what brand these are usually sold as?
I bought all 3 kettles including the mashtun, accessories and condensate stack ordered with 4 TC heating element ports for the HLT and BK for 5 grand plus shipping and customs. Which still saved us thousands.

Latest posts

Back