Looking For The Perfect 7g Conical...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've been searching everywhere and it appears that there is no perfect ~7 gallon conical that is reasonably priced ~$600. Perfect for me would be completely thread and weldless free.

SSbrew tech looks like it would be great, but the use threads and a weldless thermowell. I can't figure out why they would put threads on a triclamp fitting and a weldless fitting on a fermentation vessel :confused:

Stout tank makes a nice 7 gallon and completely threadless, but they put a goofy lid locking feature that makes it far too unwieldy.

I have the short version of the stout conical on order, but I'm not sure how fermentation will go in such a wide vessel. I hope it goes well :eek:

Bru gear doesn't make a 7 gallon

Blichman uses thread.

Spike doesn't make a 7 gallon, but otherwise looks pretty nice.

Morebeer, obscenely overpriced. I'm sure someone will tell me how amazingly it's built, but in the end these are just glorified pots with some fancy valves.

Am I missing any others? I will use my short version in my small fridge and I have a 60hx29wx20d upright freezer for the second one.

Back