Looking for some guidance, Belgian

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuu

Reaction score
I am looking to brew a Belgian for the first time. I am relatively new. Got a few batches under my belt (SNPA extract clone, a botched pilsner extract, an AG Turbodog Clone, and an AG IPA).

I want to make a nice lighter belgian to keep in the keg pipeline. What are some good suggestions?

I want a lighter bodied beer in the 4-5% range. Anyone made something alone these lines and would like to share?

85% Pilsner
5% Wheat
5% Aromatic
5% C40
Saaz hops to 20-25IBU
Ferment with T-58
Creates a simple, tasty Belgiany session beer that is cheap and easy to make.

The patersbier recipe from Northernbrewer makes a great easy drinking Belgian. I've made the all grain version a couple of times, but they sell an extract kit also.

That patersbier looks like exactly what im looking for, any recipes like that known? That kit seems pretty expensive with the 12.57 shipping and all. If anything, that is where i'm going to go because like i said, that kinda hits it on the head.

I am enjoying the following beer right now- you can sub more malt or less honey as your palate/pipeline requires:

67% pils malt
22% rye malt
11% local raw honey (clover, where I live)

Perle kettle hops to taste (I have a 30m addition and a flamout). Just fantastic.

That patersbier looks like exactly what im looking for, any recipes like that known? That kit seems pretty expensive with the 12.57 shipping and all. If anything, that is where i'm going to go because like i said, that kinda hits it on the head.

sent you a PM

NB posts the recipes to their kits on the site; click on "Additional Information" and then click on the blue "click here!" You can buy all the same ingredients locally.
I made the following recipe and loved it, as did both of the people I shared it with. It's broadly similar to the patersbier kit, just a little toastier and with a slightly different yeast. I generally prefer 550/3522 to 530/3787, but they're both good.
9# 2-row (pilsner would probably be more Belgian-y)
.33# 99L home toasted 2-row (30 minutes at 400F. Wait 1-2 weeks between toasting and brewing)
Bitter to about 20-25 IBUs
I didn't use any late hops, but a small addition of any continental-type hop wouldn't be out of place.
WLP550/WY3522
OG will be around, 1.050, FG around 1.010, ABV around 5%.

Latest posts

Back