looking for brewers and judges in Denver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgmartin000

Reaction score
Howdy folks. .. so a friend of mine runs a local non profit here in Denver that focuses on mental health support in war zones, particularly in Myanmar. She's putting on a fundraiser and asked me to find home brewers willing to pour their beer for a homebrew tasting event.

Details:
Friday, April 10
bring 2.5 gallons minimum
up to two styles of your choice
the location is in downtown denver

We're looking at having a tasters choice award and a judges choice. Winners will receive a gift certificate to the brew hut.

I'm also looking for people willing to judge. .. preferably bjcp certified.

Message me to sign up or with questions.

I've poured at a few of these events for a different non profit. They're really fun, and it's a good opportunity to geek out on beer. Also, anyone interested in attending can also pm me for details. Hope to meet some of my fellow hbt'ers!

Terry

Hey Terry, I would love to get involved but the NHC first round judging is literally that weekend, Friday night and all Saturday. I suspect a lot of other bjcp in the area will be doing the same. I don't know if it's possible to move the date back or forward a week but you might get a better turnout for judges and other homebrewers if you could.

Right on, thanks guys. Judges are a bonus, mostly looking for brewers, I think we can get the judging thing figured out.

Unfortunately the date is also pretty much set, but I'll ask the organizers.

Hey guys, so the organizer emailed me a few days ago...and it looks like she wants to move the event to 4/24. If you're willing that day, let me know!

Thanks
Terry

Hey Terry,

Ok, me and my GF are excited and ready to get involved. She works for a business that does non profit fundraising and was interested after I mentioned it. I can definitely commit to at least 5 gallons, probably 10. What else do we need to provide? Cups, ice, table, etc?

Sweet! Brettanomyces, I sent you a Pm. Blizzard, if toy and Javier25 are interested. ... we'd love to have you. Either let me know or send me a pm.

I just talked to the organizer today, we're going to start working on logistics.

So: 4/24, posner center in rino. I'll post up a link for tickets. ... it's $30 per person if yall know anyone else who would like to attend. Obviously no fee for brewers.

Hi guys, just wanted to bump this again. Great news - the judge's award winner will be brewing their winning beer at Factotum brewing! Very exciting. If anyone is interested, we could still use a few brewers.

I really wish I could do this but will not have any beer available in that time frame. Due to circumstances, I don't know when I will get the opportunity to brew again. So, great cause, really wish I could brew up a quickie. Sorry guys :/

Hey guys, I wanted to bump this thread again, after a successful tasting event back in April, I'm doing another of these homebrew tastings for a different non-profit. The date is set for Saturday, September 19, and it'll be at the Washington Street Community Center in Wash Park. All proceeds go to benefit their early childhood education programs.

More details to come - send me a PM if you're interested!

Thanks

Back