Looking for affordable RIMS system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shred

Former Microbrewery Founder & Pro Brewer
Reaction score
I just finished building my weldless brew stand. Unfortunately, the RIMS tube I bought on Amazon is a leaky piece of crap (even when sealed with pipe dope).

I'm having trouble finding a complete rims tube setup for a reasonable price. Does anyone have suggestions?

I just finished building my weldless brew stand. Unfortunately, the RIMS tube I bought on Amazon is a leaky piece of crap (even when sealed with pipe dope).

I'm having trouble finding a complete rims tube setup for a reasonable price. Does anyone have suggestions?

I wouldnt use pipe dope myself... telfon tape only. some of the cheaper stainless pipe fittings take more tape to ensure a good seal I had a hard time sealing the leaks on my fittings as well but with enough tape they will seal.

there are lots of more expensive triclover options if you dont want to bother with it.

I wouldnt use pipe dope myself... telfon tape only. some of the cheaper stainless pipe fittings take more tape to ensure a good seal I had a hard time sealing the leaks on my fittings as well but with enough tape they will seal.

there are lots of more expensive triclover options if you dont want to bother with it.

Believe me, we tried the tape and wasted several hours taping, re-taping and re-taping some more. It's obviously defective.

I've looked around at the tri-clovers but none seem to be the full kit (with element, thermowell, etc...).

Blichmann's RIMS Rocket looks pretty nice, it's maybe not "cheap" but is built to be used in a brewery setting and you can use it as a hopback as well.

I like the RIMS Rocket but it's outside the budget of about $150. The RIMS Rocket kit also requires the purchase of the Hop Rocket.

Latest posts

Back