looking for advice on automating my single tier...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BeerSpeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am about to automate my 10gal single tier and would like any info you guys may like to offer. I understand there are plenty of these threads out there and some of you may be tired of seeing them. I plan on putting asco valves on my burners for the hlt and mlt... I'm about to order my temp controllers, thermowells, asco valves, and switches. I've been looking at a few online but was hoping to get a few reviews from you guys that have already built these type rigs. Do you prefer any certain switches or temp controllers? i'm a little paranoid about building the thermowells...what seems to be the best suppliers of assembled thermowells? Thanks in advance!

Check out Brewers Hardware for thermowells. As for Temp Controllers, check eBay for Watlow controllers.

I am about to automate my 10gal single tier and would like any info you guys may like to offer. I understand there are plenty of these threads out there and some of you may be tired of seeing them. I plan on putting asco valves on my burners for the hlt and mlt... I'm about to order my temp controllers, thermowells, asco valves, and switches. I've been looking at a few online but was hoping to get a few reviews from you guys that have already built these type rigs. Do you prefer any certain switches or temp controllers? i'm a little paranoid about building the thermowells...what seems to be the best suppliers of assembled thermowells? Thanks in advance!
Not sure if you want to build a 24VDC or 120VAC but I have the 120V Asco Red Hat valves and they are awesome.

Asco Valves - (part # 8214G020 B)
Thermowell (omega.com) - 1/2-260s-u21/2-304ss
Quick Disconnect Thermocouple (omega.com) - CA316ss-14u-12
Round Face Panel Jack (omega.com) - RSJ-K-R
T/C Extension Cable (omega.com) - teck10-2
Omega Autotune Temp Controller (used on ebay x 2) - c9000A Series
Switches (got from work) 120V rocker/with light - can look on Monday and get back to you

Hope this helps!

JRock

View attachment 2013-05-26 20.27.28.jpg

2013-09-26 07.27.38.jpg

2013-09-26 07.28.02.jpg

thanks guys. The asco valves are the ones I've been planning in getting. 120 volt and I planned on 1/2 inch...not sure what everyone else uses nut my gas rail is 1/2 ". Thanks for the pictures!:D

Latest posts

Back