Looking for a recipe: Vodka/wife friendly/carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rskelhorn

Reaction score
Wondering if there are any recipes out there that are similar to the following:

Make a homemade 'pop' out of real fruit. I guess the sugars in the fruit would need to be fermented out. Once fermented, could add a non fermentable sugar for sweetening purposes. Once done, add the vodka, and bottle carb?

Alcohol is expensive up north where we live, and I'd be interested in making our own 'Mikes hard' etc. which would be wife friendly.

Also, she isn't so much into citrus tastes.

Would also be cool to do some sort of sweet hot coco and rum bottles.

Not sure if any of this is possible? Hope for some tips! :mug:

I didn’t use Vodka… but I did make something similar.

I made a light colored ale, 5 gallon recipe. (Sorry, don’t have the exact recipe on my phone ATM)

Then when fermentation slowed, I racked into a 15 gallon vessel, boiled another 5 gallons water and dissolved 4 pounds of corn sugar.

After cooled with my wort chiller, poured that into the beer.

After fermentation subsided, I repeated the addition.

Ended with a beer that tasted a lot like Coors Light.

From there, I added a simple syrup primer to one gallon jugs. And to each one added a full container of the water enhancers.
IMG_1528301839.082595.jpg

One per gallon.
Each a different flavor.

Racked the beer into the gallon jugs and then bottled each flavor from the jugs with a racking cane.

The water enhancers use fake sugars, so it didn’t get over carbonated and stayed sweet.

ABV was around 4%.

Back