Looking for a good mini fridge to use as a ferm chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arringtonbp

Reaction score
I am looking for the right mini fridge to use as a fermentation chamber now and to convert into a kegerator later. I use 6.5 gal brewers best buckets, and I also have a 5 gallon plastic carboy, which I could possibly use for primary with a blowoff tube, if I had to.

Will the Danby DAR440W or DAR440BL work?
What about the Sanyo SR-4912M?
Does anybody have a model that they know will work?

There are a few reasons I'm choosing a mini fridge. One is space. I'm open to suggestions, though.

I am using the Sanyo SR-4912M right now for a fermentation chamber with an Ebay aquarium temp controller and it works perfectly. And it is a tried and true kegerator model. I use 6 gallon Better Bottles and they fit with plenty of room.

I would really like to find something that I don't have to tear up so that I can use it for something else later on if I want.

I would really like to find something that I don't have to tear up so that I can use it for something else later on if I want.

Well the only thing you lose are the cheapo door shelves. I'm not sure if it would fit without removing them for the Sanyo. Good luck.

Back