Long way to go

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSaLTy

Reaction score
Well I visited my local brewpub, flossmoor station tonight and realized just how far I have to go to REALLY get good beer. Not that any of mine have been that bad its just.... man they brew great beer. I just love the Pullman nuttbrown they make. I had a chance to talk to the brewer (Matt) who was there. Real nice guy. Anyone in the area (Chicago south suburbs) should try to get out there. As part of 'craft beer week' they are offering free tours today thru Thursday at 7pm as well as specials on beer. I was there with my family to eat so I didn't really get to talk to Matt as much as I would have liked. I think I may try to get out there again this week sometime to really get a chance to check things out. Its really impressive to see it in action. I had seen the brewery many times before I ever got into brewing so now it all makes a lot more sense. I mentioned that I did all-grain brewing and he said well... this is really just the same equipment just bigger. Well... it may serve the same purpose but really there is no comparison.

Nothing like steam heat and computer monitoring & control. Shoot, you can get that from Sabco for $5K, except the steam heat that is.

What always amazes me is the way a pro can turn out a 4-40 barrel run of a new recipe and nail it.

I don't know.... I went on a tour some years back and they showed me all the computers and sensers. Enjoyed the tour emmensly for sure..... but it did give me a greated sense of accomplishment though. Just thiinking of it.... all that cr*p they have....... and I'm putting out some real good stuff.

We are all learning brewing, but in many ways these larger producer's hands are tied. There is too much at stake to try something real diferent. We try something completly off the wall and at most we loose is 5 gal.

Latest posts

Back