Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointcity-homebrew

Crafting openers 1 at a time
Reaction score
local.png

There has been interest on a thread as such, so I decided to pull the trigger and create one.

Introducing the Local Only Trade thread (LOT). Not only will this thread be a great vehicle to introduce local brews to folks across the nation, but allow people to trade without the specifics.

The idea is to send out as local as possible, breweries with wide distribution are not encouraged. However, if you would like to send something that is not available to the recipient's area feel free to do so as long as you meet the "local" requirement.

RULES:

1: Must be a member for 90 days + 100 post count

2: If you do not have any trade feedback, you will be required to ship first.

3: LOCAL REQUIREMENT- Must include at least 48oz of local beer, but remember local is key to this thread.

4: Tracking info must be provided to recipient.

Encouragements:

- Be sure to leave appropriate trader feedback for the recipient

- Post photos of your haul on this thread.

How it works:

- Fulfill and be fulfilled.

- NO LISTS, it is OK to state styles.

EXAMPLE:

Mississippi

NO Stouts or Porters

That is it, pretty simple! Let's get this started and promote our local breweries.

I will get this started. I will then grant from the list and request that it be sent as a BIF and will provide the area and address which will be pulled from the BIF thread pool.

I might be in! What is the ship by date? I can't do this month, next may work

I might be in! What is the ship by date? I can't do this month, next may work

I did not specify a ship by date, I will leave that up to the recipients discretion. Unless participants would like to add an allotted ship time to the rules.

This is a community project, feel free to leave feedback.

Oh wait, I get it (hung over a wee bit... Lol) is this basically a beer it forward for locals? So whoever grants yours get next in line?

Oh wait, I get it (hung over a wee bit... Lol) is this basically a beer it forward for locals? So whoever grants yours get next in line?

Yes, like the eMaw and MAW threads, except easier.

Background:

A few folks over on the eMAW thread were discussing not being able to pick up grants due to the lists not having anything in their distro. Out of that discussion this thread was born. By taking the specifics away, I hope it opens up more opportunities for people to trade.

Originally I was going to have it as a 1 to 1 trade, but decided that could become a headache, so I adopted the eMAW/MAW style.

Ah sweet. Thanks! Knowing that, I'll be back in here soon! My favorite trades are locals for locals, so this will be perfect

I'm a bit confused. For a MAW-style Local BIF I'd expect to see you listing the area you'd like to receive beers from, but you're already in Mississippi.

I'm a bit confused. For a MAW-style Local BIF I'd expect to see you listing the area you'd like to receive beers from, but you're already in Mississippi.

No lists, that is the beauty of this thread.

I am stating that I am from MS so that no one from this area (AL MS TN) chimes in to grant.

My idea was to have the least amount of specifics, if I included an area that I wanted to receive from that would excluded participants in other areas.

Hope that clears things up.

No lists, that is the beauty of this thread.

I am stating that I am from MS so that no one from this area (AL MS TN) chimes in to grant.

My idea was to have the least amount of specifics, if I included an area that I wanted to receive from that would excluded participants in other areas.

Hope that clears things up.

Got it! Thanks.

How are you defining local? just for clarity..... city, state, regional

The more local the better.

I would say local meant any brewery that has limited distribution outside of your area. For instance, I will be sending out from breweries in my tri-state area that do not distribute outside of that area.

local.png

There has been interest on a thread as such, so I decided to pull the trigger and create one.

Introducing the Local Only Trade thread (LOT). Not only will this thread be a great vehicle to introduce local brews to folks across the nation, but allow people to trade without the specifics.

The idea is to send out as local as possible, breweries with wide distribution are not encouraged. However, if you would like to send something that is not available to the recipient's area feel free to do so as long as you meet the "local" requirement.

RULES:

1: Must be a member for 90 days + 100 post count

2: If you do not have any trade feedback, you will be required to ship first.

3: LOCAL REQUIREMENT- Must include at least 48oz of local beer, but remember local is key to this thread.

4: Tracking info must be provided to recipient.

Encouragements:

- Be sure to leave appropriate trader feedback for the recipient

- Post photos of your haul on this thread.

How it works:

- Fulfill and be fulfilled.

- NO LISTS, it is OK to state styles.

EXAMPLE:

Mississippi

NO Stouts or Porters

That is it, pretty simple! Let's get this started and promote our local breweries.

I will get this started. I will then grant from the list and request that it be sent as a BIF and will provide the area and address which will be pulled from the BIF thread pool.

Glad you got this up and running. Excited to be a part of it.

This is an awesome idea. I can't do it at the moment but I will participate once we get settled into the new house.

I am just wanted to give everyone the chance to be able to participate in something similar to the eMAW and to educate the rest of us on their local offerings.

Participate when you can, hopefully this will take off and be a success.

I had a lot of fun putting together a collection of some of the more obscure NorCal beers yesterday - thanks Beer Revolution & Ledger's Liquors! Unfortunately a couple of interesting local breweries (like Linden Street and Line 51) don't even bottle yet, and I'm not sure I could ship a keg. I just have to wait for one much more famous beer that's only delivered on Wednesdays, and the package will be out by the end of the week.

I had a lot of fun putting together a collection of some of the more obscure NorCal beers yesterday - thanks Beer Revolution & Ledger's Liquors! Unfortunately a couple of interesting local breweries (like Linden Street and Line 51) don't even bottle yet, and I'm not sure I could ship a keg. I just have to wait for one much more famous beer that's only delivered on Wednesdays, and the package will be out by the end of the week.

Excellent!

That is the problem with a lot of small breweries.

Be sure to state your location and styles so we can get you picked up.

This is cool, I am very much interested in participating in this one. I never have anything to fulfill an emaw/maw. But I can do this

I just have one question, am I too far north to get participate? A lot of folks won't ship to alaska

That being said I'll fulfill gluestick and ship to AK.

Did anyone fill btbnl's? I thought that's how this rolled. He filled one, his then gets filled. Also, your guy doesn't meet the post count unfortunately. Maybe I don't understand the concept, it's possible.

@btbnl is up currently.

@GluStick you can participate, just make sure that whomever is cool shipping to Alaska. Your close enough to the post count and meet the other criteria.

Roll on......

Back