Local beer swap-o-rama!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed bring em in.

I like the idea that the beers you are receiving are a surprise. However I was looking at seekabrew for my state and saw you guys mention Finches earlier in this thread. Well Finches is distributed in PA but it is not listed on seekabrew. Would be bummed to get some beers that I could get here.

I would love to play along if bottles become an option. I only know of a couple of Alabama breweries that are canning right now.

MTate37 said:
I would love to play along if bottles become an option. I only know of a couple of Alabama breweries that are canning right now.

I think bottles are good to go now. Rules got changed.

Agreed bring em in.

I like the idea that the beers you are receiving are a surprise. However I was looking at seekabrew for my state and saw you guys mention Finches earlier in this thread. Well Finches is distributed in PA but it is not listed on seekabrew. Would be bummed to get some beers that I could get here.

Finch's is available in CT also. My plan is to send my favorites from small local brewerys that I know doesn't get distributed anywhere else.

Wow, I had no clue finchs was distributed outside Illinois...lesson learned. I'll be sure to tell everyone to double check.

I know you mentioned you thought you had 7 people. Wasn't sure if more had jumped on board since the bottles OK and less than 100 posts. I'm excited for some swap o rama!!

jaydog2314 said:
I know you mentioned you thought you had 7 people. Wasn't sure if more had jumped on board since the bottles OK and less than 100 posts. I'm excited for some swap o rama!!

I didn't realize the post limit was lifted. I thought the last two guys who jumped in just demonstrated how easy it is to get your post count up. ;)

I didn't realize the post limit was lifted. I thought the last two guys who jumped in just demonstrated how easy it is to get your post count up. ;)

Post count wasn't lifted per say, I have had some ask me via pm to join, even though they had too few posts. I told them I would wait and contact them if we had trouble getting enough. I have confirmed that one of them still wants to join.

1) theman
2) jaydog2314
3) coldcrash
4) 427cobra
5) dotjerdot
6) tankcrash

Count me in for round 2. With the holiday weekend and travel for work next week I'm not gonna have a lot of time to do a proper job of this.

I am waiting on a few replies. I will close it off tomorrow night. Whoever is is, is in. Anyone after that will have to wait. At that point I will pm all of you for your info and then get everyone a random address to ship to.

We have a couple Chicago area guys, ill make sure they don't have each other. And the same for any other states with multiple participants.

Need some Cali love? I think I might be down as this sounds like a blast!!! Tired of paying premium trade cost to try rare beers so new locals sound amazing! I'd be an odd number so we'd need another person for me to join.

Need some Cali love? I think I might be down as this sounds like a blast!!! Tired of paying premium trade cost to try rare beers so new locals sound amazing! I'd be an odd number so we'd need another person for me to join.

We don't need even numbers actually. We will be shipping randomly, not necessarily matched up with the person sending to you.

So pumped about being involved. It's not only the part where I'm getting stuff I can't get locally but it's sharing some of the incredible local stuff popping up here on Long Island. I wish there was more of it in bottles though.

ZamaMan said:

Yes. Yes we do.

1) theman
2) jaydog2314
3) coldcrash
4) 427cobra
5) dotjerdot
6) tankcrash
7) bigmike99

So pumped about being involved. It's not only the part where I'm getting stuff I can't get locally but it's sharing some of the incredible local stuff popping up here on Long Island. I wish there was more of it in bottles though.

That is the same reason I am so excited about this! I have SO much good beer around me that doesn't get distributed out of CT. I can't wait to share it with someone. And I agree with you bigmike99, Long Island does have great local beer, I travel there for work often and enjoy it.

This also reminds me of traveling to Billings, MT and finding 5 of the best brewerys I have ever tried. They were all just small local places that only did tastings and growler fills. These places will never be well known but do an amazing job.

1) theman
2) jaydog2314
3) coldcrash
4) 427cobra
5) dotjerdot
6) tankcrash
7) bigmike99
8) drphunk

Still waiting on zama. Even/odd count does not matter. I just need him to confirm he is in. I'll post up the final list tonight in the first post of the thread for everyone. I'll then send out for everyone's address via pm. So however many people we have tonight at about 5 p.m. central time will be it.

This sounds like a blast. Count me in! =] hopefully whoever I ship to limes ipas since we have a lot of different ipas here.

Zamaman has spoken!

1) theman
2) jaydog2314
3) coldcrash
4) 427cobra
5) dotjerdot
6) tankcrash
7) bigmike99
8) drphunk
9) ZamaMan

TheMan said:
Zamaman has spoken!

1) theman
2) jaydog2314
3) coldcrash
4) 427cobra
5) dotjerdot
6) tankcrash
7) bigmike99
8) drphunk
9) ZamaMan

Wow! We've doubled our number in the past 24 hrs. I wonder if you leave it open another day what might happen?

Wow! We've doubled our number in the past 24 hrs. I wonder if you leave it open another day what might happen?

I am open to it if the masses are as well. But I am fine cutting it off at whatever we have at 5 though. I don't want people to lose interest.

Voice your thoughts guys.

ZamaMan said:
This sounds like a blast. Count me in! =] hopefully whoever I ship to limes ipas since we have a lot of different ipas here.

Me likey west coast IPA's. Though I am super excited to receive beer from anywhere I can't get locally as well.

TheMan said:
I am open to it if the masses are as well. But I am fine cutting it off at whatever we have at 5 though. I don't want people to lose interest.

Voice your thoughts guys.

Doesn't matter to me either way. Ill still be interested in this tomorrow.

I've developed an opinion in the last couple minutes haha...I think we should close it off today. We can always have another swap.

Well looks like my odds have increased to getting a west coast shipment! Welcome aboard. Whatever you think TheMan I'm cool with.

Wow, this has taken off!

1) theman
2) jaydog2314
3) coldcrash
4) 427cobra
5) dotjerdot
6) tankcrash
7) bigmike99
8) drphunk
9) ZamaMan
10) Lovesipas

I've developed an opinion in the last couple minutes haha...I think we should close it off today. We can always have another swap.

I like the idea of closing it off and doing another after this is completed.

That is if you don't mind setting it all up again. Maybe even keep track of the areas everyone is matched up with to prevent duplicates in future swaps

TheMan said:

I'm happy with this.

BTW I'm sticking w the original intent and shipping only cans. Anyone else?

I'll probably ship cans with some bottles too. Love IPA if I don't get your package I might be PMing you for a trade. Love the West coast IPAs and can't get them all in Illinois!

I don't have 100 posts yet but if I did I would def join the group. I'm happy to wait until the next round, I am sure I will be qualified then :) Awesome idea btw, love that its local and not those expensive rare beers...

coldcrash said:
I'm happy with this.

BTW I'm sticking w the original intent and shipping only cans. Anyone else?

I will prob be 80/20 cans. I could do all cans but would leave a few breweries out of the mix so will do a few bottles.

are we going to know to who or where our packages are coming from before they arrive? I go back & forth about wanting to know, a surprise is great but the anticipation would kill me!!!

Also we need to make sure people use iTrader feedback too, can we add that to the rules? (similar to MAW)

Latest posts

Back