liver health and homebrewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Americans are wusses. As any Russian about that.

I know I can handle my fair share of liquor and booze, but even then, I wouldnt dare take on a Russian, or any Eastern European for that matter head to head. Im sure Id look like a novice.

My father-in-law is Polish and 89 years old. He can drink me under the table. He thinks beer is for pansies. He goes straight for the Vodka.

I was actually going to post about the handful of Polish guys who have come through the ER in the 400s and were more competent than anyone else would be in the 200s.

I am with you. I can claim to never have read a novel or a book. "I've never had any desire to live with one of those obnoxious things, and be subjected to the garbage, social engineering, and propaganda they spew constantly".

But in all seriousness. I drink beer, black coffee and enough water to choke a camel!
I flush my system with water all day and before bed.
drink enough water until you feel like you have to pee and then drink some more!
But I did not learn this from a book!

I learned it all after reading 2 or 3 books when I was 19.

#GaryOakLives

Perhaps the title of this thread should be "liver health and quantity of homebrews".

I eat almost any junk from KFC to Maltesers and I'm still pretty fit and lean....kind of. The key for me is moderation and stay active. So, few carbs, occasional junk, homebrew only on Fridays and Saturdays, balanced meals, lots of mineral water and regular activity.

It's great that your liver is still healthy - congrats. Just don't take it for granted!

I know I can handle my fair share of liquor and booze, but even then, I wouldnt dare take on a Russian, or any Eastern European for that matter head to head. Im sure Id look like a novice.

The Russians and Germans cant hold a candle to us Norwegians.
Not only can we out drink them, we out drink them while on skis!

While in the US, we are told to stick to 2-3 drinks per day, I read recently that Spain's recommended daily limit is 7. Great Britain is around 3 beers/4 "units" (Brits, correct me if I am wrong). Just goes to show that we, as a whole, probably, don't know...

like all government recommendations, they're something decided upon for many reasons-facts to achieve a particular purpose for an imagined "population". i used to think "ok that means i can have 3 drinks every day and be reasonably alright" - but a better way is to truthfully look in the mirror and see how you feel about what you drink? does it affect your life? and all that AA kinda nonsense...

Americans are wusses. Ask any Russian about that. (and all other comments about ethnicity compared to drinking ability

I can't stand national claims about ability to drink because I haven't found them to be more accurate than things like weight/size, drinking experience and the condition of the day. that aside, i think types of alcohol for people seem to make a difference. if someone has drunk vodka or soju all their life, they're going to be able to drink more of that than you. i'm a beer drinker and i will crush any soju swiller when it comes to beer-very fast.

i'll add a list that perhaps others can get behind:
alcohols in order of greatest ability to drink and continue to function
1. beer of all kinds
2. european liquor (gin, whisky, brandy, vodka etc)
3. sake, cheongju and makkeoli
4. grape wine
5. mixed drinks
6. low quality soju/chinese baiju etc

Back