Lights flicker...50 Amp Panel with EZ Boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dert

Reaction score
Brewery is in detached garage with 100amp sub panel from the 200 amp panel in the house. Outlets are 50amp and only have one 5500 watt element going through an ez boil on each.

LED lights in the house and garage flicker when cycling...any fix?

It could be an overtaxed transformer feeding your house or maybe your panels or breakers have loose connections. If you have a IR thermometer or a FLIR camera, you might be able to detect a hot spot.

its pretty normal in my experience meaning you can see very mild flickering in the lights when the elements cycle on and off.. I see it at home and the brewery 200 amp service at the brewery and 100a at home.. doesnt matter what else is running.
I dont see it much with my modern led bulbs but the old high wattage incandescent bulbs used to show it more.

It could be an overtaxed transformer feeding your house or maybe your panels or breakers have loose connections. If you have a IR thermometer or a FLIR camera, you might be able to detect a hot spot.

New panels, wiring and breakers in the house and garage in the last 3 years as well...

I wouldn’t doubt if it’s the transformer as I can see my neighbors lights dim when I hit a 15 amp circular saw from the house.

It sounds a lot more excessive than the slight flicker what im used to seeing. If you can see it in other houses something is wrong for sure.

Brewery is in detached garage with 100amp sub panel from the 200 amp panel in the house. Outlets are 50amp and only have one 5500 watt element going through an ez boil on each.

LED lights in the house and garage flicker when cycling...any fix?
50 amp ...120v or 240v?

Latest posts

Back