light exposure to keg line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b_oh_bee

Reaction score
so I'm still pretty new to brewing, but realized quickly bottling was not that fun for me. I have just kegged my recent batch and have it stored in a beverage fridge with a glass door (along with the tank and picnic tap).

I was just starting to wonder if having a clear liquid line in a fridge with a clear door will cause degradation to the beer, due to light exposure to the beer that sits in the line. the fridge is in a corner of my kitchen not in direct sunlight, but it is bright in there most the day.

Any thoughts/concerns? I could just cover the door or I saw some black tubing online.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The way to find out if it's reacting I would think would be by trying a small sample, just enough that would be in that length then have another sample that's from the keg itself. I'm sure you could find a sleeve to go over the tube if you felt you needed to cover it or if taking a small sample showed a difference. If you are concerned or want to test it out and have an old sweatshirt you could put the sleeve around the tube.

Latest posts

Back