LG hitting the market with a new beer machine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand some of the automated systems where you can still make your own recipes, but I really don't understand this. 'Capsule based' makes me think it is just a matter of popping in a capsule of hopped LME and yeast and it does the rest (which isn't much if that's the bar we're setting). Why not just buy beer?

I understand some of the automated systems where you can still make your own recipes, but I really don't understand this. 'Capsule based' makes me think it is just a matter of popping in a capsule of hopped LME and yeast and it does the rest (which isn't much if that's the bar we're setting). Why not just buy beer?

Because you just can't compete with the joy of making wonderful craft beer in just two weeks!!

Makes you want to throw up...

If the thing could make you a finished beer faster and cheaper than running down to the liquor store, I could see some kind of a market for it. I mean, it would need to kick out a decent, cold, fully carbonated beer in less than 3-5 minutes.

Hmmm, what about that beer powder stuff I read about somewhere? That, some refrigeration coils, a CO2 cartridge, some kind of hop extractive, water and some Everclear...CHA CHING!!! I just sold my soul to become rich!!! And although I'm bearded and favor flannel, I'm way too old to be a millennial!!!!

IMO. This is just small batch extract kit brewing. Perfectly acceptable, but limited in scope compared to other methods. But just enough to lay claim to making it yourself.

This is by far a novelty that won't go anywhere. No one is going to want to wait two weeks for 10 pints of a beer they didn't design and probably doesn't save much money over buying in a store. I can see it being a gift for some, used 1-2 times then abandoned.

Rev.

There are so many of these types of systems coming out and it's just odd.
Can't wait for some of the users of these trying to compete in Homebrew competitions.

This is by far a novelty that won't go anywhere.[...]

listing_pic_1047007_1438698771.jpeg

"Now appearing in a Craig's List near you" ;)

I'll bet $50 I make better beer than LG, they cant even get their microwaves or fridges right
To be fair as far as I know electrolux make them and brands them for LG along with 85% of all other brands of appliances these days. (I have a 2,200 lg fridge that had a broken ice maker and the part was discontinued after 5 years, was told the fridge should only last 5-7 years).. They do make some of their own tvs though (and half of Vizios product line) :) but I agree here.. its another novelty to capitalize on the current trend. It will probably sell like hotcakes.

To be fair as far as I know electrolux make them and brands them for LG along with 85% of all other brands of appliances these days. (I have a 2,200 lg fridge that had a broken ice maker and the part was discontinued after 5 years, was told the fridge should only last 5-7 years).. They do make some of their own tvs though (and half of Vizios product line) :) but I agree here.. its another novelty to capitalize on the current trend. It will probably sell like hotcakes.

I have to be fair and say I have a LG bias, $3300 for a Fridge and a Microwave that lasted 5 years and don't even get me started on Samsung just as bad

Anyway beer is great and hopefully these at least give descent results to those who think they are making beer as the rest of us pursue mastering our craft

I have to be fair and say I have a LG bias, $3300 for a Fridge and a Microwave that lasted 5 years and don't even get me started on Samsung just as bad

Anyway beer is great and hopefully these at least give descent results to those who think they are making beer as the rest of us pursue mastering our craft
samsung and LG fridges are virtually the same thing now(both electrolux products along with general electric amana whirlpool and dozens of other brands) its all just a marketing game now.

Latest posts

Back