lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just emptied mine last night. Now I'm in the mood to brew up something. What should a make?

you only have one fermenter?!

h746694C6

images

Here are mine:
IMG_0220_zpsf450b6a8.jpg

On the left is a Brown Ale (going into the keg tonight) in the middle is a Black IPA and on the left is my version of John Palmer's Elevenses. I added some Peat Smoked malt and named it Shire Ale inspired by Elevenses and the Lord of the Ring trilogy.

Here is a link to my other thread about these brews.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/good-problem-416905/

kh54s10 said:
Here are mine:

On the left is a Brown Ale (going into the keg tonight) in the middle is a Black IPA and on the left is my version of John Palmer's Elevenses. I added some Peat Smoked malt and named it Shire Ale inspired by Elevenses and the Lord of the Ring trilogy.

Here is a link to my other thread about these brews.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/good-problem-416905/

Nice DIY!

Here comes "Frankenhefe." Or maybe it should be "Hefestein?" At any rate, not satisfied with leaving well enough alone, I made Austin Homebrew's Bavarian Hefeweizen recipe but swapped out the recommended yeast for White Labs' WLP400 Belgian Wit. To further the bastardization of this popular recipe, I'll be dry-hopping with an ounce of Citra hops.

Relax, it'll be beer.

IMG_2954x.jpg

IMG_2958x.jpg

IMG_2960x.jpg

Newest, fullest fermenters. Woo hoo!
Since I know someone will ask, all laws are being followed, yes, its a lot of beer, no i don't sell it. lots of parties.

I don't care if laws are followed or not. All I'm going to say that's a pretty cool pic. Looks like something you would see in a brew magazine.

Thanks for sharing. :mug:

image-1683736722.jpg

Mirror pond clone...well kinda using available yeast on hand. Split 10 gallon batch into 2 carboys one with NW pale yeast other with 1056 starters. Then going to dry hop one with 2oz citra and other with 2 oz cascade in kegs! Brewed this yesterday and had really good day and hit 1068 OG now fermenting strong!

Newest, fullest fermenters. Woo hoo!
Since I know someone will ask, all laws are being followed, yes, its a lot of beer, no i don't sell it. lots of parties.

but you are only allowed to brew 200 gallons in a year if you have 2 adults in the house. Not that I care cause that is freaking awesome:rockin::mug::drunk:

Got my $60 fermentation chamber all set up just in time for a heat wave. Iipa, smoked porter and barley wine are happy!!! The 3 month old barleywine has been sitting in the secondary in the high 70s for the last couple of weeks. Tastes fine though.

ForumRunner_20130709_054957.jpg

ForumRunner_20130709_055010.jpg

damn, you went all out for your first one....

first brewers are asking "How do i keep this thing cool?!?" nope... you didn't wanna do that, you just bought a tru fridge... mfer... lmao badass sir!

My magnum bittering. Sorachi ace flavoring pale ale's. First time trying these hops hopfully I like them :)

ForumRunner_20130712_192227.png

ForumRunner_20130712_192227.png

+HopSpunge+ said:
My magnum bittering. Sorachi ace flavoring pale ale's. First time trying these hops hopfully I like them :)

I used Sorachi Ace in a recent batch of Belgian style pale ale. I used them at flameout, hop stand, and dry hops. They definitely gave the beer alot of lemon and a faint dill flavor.
I was pleased with how it turned out. I'll definitely be brewing it again.

6 4L glass bottles with blow off tubes in an insulated cabinet in my garage. My own Belgian Abbey Dubbel recipe, these were my primaries. I've upgraded since need to take a pic of combined in a 6 gallon carboy.
ForumRunner_20130716_141058.jpg

I used Sorachi Ace in a recent batch of Belgian style pale ale. I used them at flameout, hop stand, and dry hops. They definitely gave the beer alot of lemon and a faint dill flavor.
I was pleased with how it turned out. I'll definitely be brewing it again.

Sounds like a perfect aroma/flavor hop for a saison

Jamil's Evil Twin on the left and Indian Summer Honey Red Wheat on the right

DSCN1918.jpg

NB Speckled Heifer, a little propane shortage caused a freakout, but I relaxed got some more propane and listened to some country. Put me in a good mood came home then finished the boil.

Back