Left Hand Brewery Stranger APA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iambeer

Reaction score
At 5% ABV, I don't consider it "sessionable". Whether sessionable or not, the point for me is that this beer tastes amazing! And I wonder why it gets no love.

It doesn't get much attention and not the best ratings. Is it because the APA style is unpopular? If so I need to know what is a better tasting APA than this beer, cos dis one is teh one tru sessionable bomb...

Now to update what I'm drinking right now...

I've heard American Pale Ale is the most popular types of beer in America. I think the Stranger has rye in it and if you liked Stranger try the Terrapin Rye Pale Ale, I think it is even tastier!

I've heard American Pale Ale is the most popular types of beer in America. I think the Stranger has rye in it and if you liked Stranger try the Terrapin Rye Pale Ale, I think it is even tastier!

Hi Pistola... do you have a reference about APA being the most popular type of beer in the US? That doesn't sound right... lager is clearly huge.. and then, IPA is a big deal craft beer...

Thanks for the tip on rye ale... I've looked for Terrapin but sadly it's not around here. I've had rye beer and I like it... Stranger doesn't taste like there's much rye in it though...

This is from the descrpition for the APA kit from Brewer's Best:

"AMERICAN PALE ALE-Perhaps the most widely brewed American style ale. Moderately strong hop aroma and bitterness. Pale ale malt base provides deep gold, almost amber, color and medium-bodied mouthfeel."

I would guess they mean "widely brewed" by homebrewers, but who knows where they got their numbers from. Whenever I try a new beer or have something I really like I usually go to the official website and they will often list what hops, malts, yeast they use and sometimes the OG, FG and IBUs. Of course they don't list exact amounts used of specific ingredients. I think that's where I find out that there is rye in the Stranger. Here in FL, Terrapin is sometimes hard to find also. I grabbed some of the Rye Pale Ale from GA last time I was there and was very impressed.

Back