lauhing at adversity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
These babies really are tough. Spring came early and they took off, got frosted on and snowed on and kept on rolling. Mid may they got a major spankin and cut back to the ground. They smiled ans said more please. and then to quote b-hoppy it has been 1000f here lately. It is so hot i dont go any further in my yard than the pool. my lawn is dead and brown yet the hops grow merily along. Considering that I have done almost nothing with them this year(only watered 2 times) they are truly laughing at adversity. Sure there is some heat damage(nothing could prevent that) but doing good all in all. Harvest may be smaller than last year but that happens with a lack of heat and water. Hope others are having sucess despite all the bad as well.

Like I just posted in another thread, my hops have done well but I spend time babying them. That's just me. I was schooled as a landscape architect and horticulturist so it's in me to do what I can. Plus I have over 40 plants and $500 in trellis costs so I feel I need to get the most for my money.
After the last couple days of rain I know the jap. beetles are waiting for the organic spray to wash off my plants so I plan on hitting them tomorrow morning. Ef-ing bastards.

Back