Large batch question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivoyager

Reaction score
So I've been making small batches of Booch with no problem whatsoever but now that I am trying to make a large batch, there is no fizz. Absolutely none at all. No matter what I do. I've tried adding sugar to 2F and then doing 3F bottling. I've tried adding pulpy fruits. I have tried adding that of sugar. Nothing seems to be working. I've asked everyone I know and no one is able to help. I want to make large batch(10 ltrs) and give it to friends and family. Before doing commerical.

I use a 2.5 gal(10 liter) crock and have great success all the time. I start each batch with about 12 oz of finished tea and a scoby that is 8"in diameter and 3/8" to 1/2 " thick, add 2 gal of sweet tea and ferment at 75* for 14-21 days. make a syrup out of 130 grams sugar in pyrex measure add water to the 300 ml mark , heat to dissolve then put 20ml in each 16 oz flip top bottle. When i did continues fermentation I got no fizz also, so I switched to batch. Make sure the opening on your fermenter lets enough air in.

Latest posts

Back