Lake Placid Ubu Ale AG clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charmin1073

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to brew this beer? Would love some suggestions. Website says 38 IBU's, 7% ABV and 43 SRM. Has nothing regarding hops or grains used.

Thanks

From the horse's mouth: http://www.saranac.com/page/ubu-ale

I think the stats they show pretty much cover the questions you have qualitatively. I am no expert, but I'd say it uses one of the darker crystal malts somewhere between 3% and 8% and chocolate malt maybe about 5%, at a guess (I've learned a little goes a remarkably long way). It ought to have an IBU:OG ratio of at least 0.6.
That's all I can figure, and it's guesswork at that, so good luck and tell us how it goes!

Here's what I have worked up so far according to specs on website and Strangegreenman's input.

All Grain
OG 1.065
FG 1.016
ABV 6.42%
IBU 49.18

12 lbs Pale Ale
1 lb Crystal 60
.5 lb chocolate
.5 lb white wheat

60 min boil
1.5 oz Cluster FWH
1 oz Williamette 30 min
1 oz Williamette 0 min

1 package Safale S-04

Yes we did end up brewing this. Turned out really nice. We got a little more efficiency than expected. OG ended up at 1.062 and FG finished at 1.016.

We used 1 lb of white wheat instead of .5 lb and added .5 of Cluster at flame out.

I don't know where I got the OG of 1.065 and the FG of 1.016 in my recipe post. My software shows 1.059 and 1.015.

Back