kitchen scales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfej50

Reaction score
When scaling for small batches, it seems that I'll have to weigh out portions from the supplied ingredient lots. How precise are those measurements? Is there a recommended kitchen scale that provides the necessary accuracy?

I got one of those Escali Arti glass top kitchen scales (a Groupon Special) and it does very well. But any kitchen scale that can weight in grams should be fine, even if it isn't crazy accurate for those small amounts. The hops are probably where you end up measuring out 2-5 grams. You can eyeball the size of the heaps too, they should be about even.

The main part you got to make sure, if various ingredients are pre-mixed, is that the mix is homogeneous, so you don't inadvertently scoop out 2 of the 4 oz C120.

I've been using this scale for about the past 2 years and it works great for me.

Tares quickly, change units with the push of a button, and I don't think I've replaced the 2 AA batteries in it since I bought it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back