Kitchen Faucet thread -> 1/2" MPT adapter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowveil

Reaction score
I've scoured the web and haven't quite found what I'm looking for. I use quick disconnects in my brewery, and would like to be able to thread a quick disconnect fitting onto my kitchen sink. I've already got a kitchen faucet-> garden hose thread adapter, but has anyone seen one that goes from kitchen faucet to 1/2" NPT? The faucet has male threads...but I'm not sure what the standard thread type is typically called.

Thanks!

bump....anyone? I know it's an oddball component but was hoping someone's seen it before

Does the fitting/adapter have to be metal? What type of quick disconnect system? If you already have the faucet ->GHT adapter, I think there are drip irrigation PVC fittings used to convert GHT to 1/2" NPT.

Does it have to be a single fitting? You might have to go faucet to garden hose and garden hose to npt. Garden hose to npt are readily available. Not sure if i have seen faucet direct to 1/2" npt.

Does it have to be a single fitting? You might have to go faucet to garden hose and garden hose to npt. Garden hose to npt are readily available. Not sure if i have seen faucet direct to 1/2" npt.

I may have to wind up going this route. I was hoping to avoid it, because the kitchen faucet -> GHT adapter I have is pretty big and clunky, and threading another adapter onto it, plus the quick disconnect fitting would be pretty cumbersome.

@Bobby_M , think there'd be any interest for an adapter like this? It'd allow folks to convert their kitchen faucets into NPT for camlocks and other QD's. For me, personally, it'd allow me to more easily fill my kettle with brewing water, push tap water through my system to rinse it (kettle, whirlpool arm, pump, mash tun valve) SO much more easily than what I'm doing now. Maybe not so useful for brewers with designated spaces to brew, but kitchen brewers like myself would love it.

The problem with making a sink to NPT adapter is that every sink uses different threads, so there's be dozens of adapters.

Latest posts

Back