Kids making beer while dad is at work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarksc4

Reaction score
So my wife sends me a text with the preface "don't be mad"
Followed by this picture
My 2 year old and 3 year old had opened up a couple ziploc bags with specialty grains (leftovers) and dumped them in my cooler and told my wife they were making beer for me.
They have watched me make beer once, and they were probably moments away from adding water to dough in!
Can't really be mad, it was only a few $$ worth of grains.

image-934570528.jpg

:D hahaha. Hey, kids will be kids, right? Here's another reason to build some shelves for your brew equipment to keep it out of reach!

So in about 10 years, you're gonna have to put locks on the kegerator faucets, right? :D

Went to a BBQ with a bunch of homebrewers over the summer and the kids there all got together and decided that they were going to brew in the front yard. As i recall, they had ingredients that did vaguely resemble beer with some sort of grains, grass, and a couple hops picked from the garden.

It would be a pretty good deal if they got the mash done for you so that when you got home you could start up the boil. Of course, i highly doubt that they would be real good at cleanup. :)

My kids love playing with grain. I like it better then them playing with sand, which drives me nuts...

Do you normally use a hammer while making beer :)

You should leave that in there. Ask them what kind of hops they were going to use and then make their brew!

The hammer is from the kid's work table (plastic)
I will have to put locks on the taps as soon as I have Perlicks. My son will be 4 in March and figured out how to disable the lock on the fridge's water dispenser. Pretty sure he can figure out how to use a tap that is at his eye level

lol.........Kids are a trip, when my boy was 2 he dropped a "Star Wars" toy right in my bucket while I was checking gravity........

I'm impressed that they knew that grains went in the tun after only seeing me brew once. They're just sponges in every sense.

This is awesome. Mine loves to 'help' grind the grain and then eats a bunch.

I'm impressed that they knew that grains went in the tun after only seeing me brew once. They're just sponges in every sense.

+1 also time to teach safe/good habits. My 2 year old always wants to see/watch whatever it is being made often times wanting to do things that can cause harm. :eek:

This is just excellent! Mad? Heck, I'd be setting up a little brew station.

Easy bake oven? Hell with that, how about an easy brew setup?

We've got some creative people on here, lets see a kid sized one gallon AG setup!

This is just excellent! Mad? Heck, I'd be setting up a little brew station.

Easy bake oven? Hell with that, how about an easy brew setup?

We've got some creative people on here, lets see a kid sized one gallon AG setup!

Awesome :)

Latest posts

Back