Kettle with slightly conical bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALExanderH

Reaction score
I've got a vision for my perfect kettle and that would include a slightly conical bottom with a 1,5" tri clamp port on the bottom. Therefore it would need legs or some solution to stand.

Are you guys aware of any kettles like this on the market?

15-20gal stainless only

I also have upside down sankes. Harbor freight has moving dollies for 8 bucks and with the TC fittings a 90 degree elbow and stainless pipe it fits so nicely.
1578269105188.jpeg

I've got a vision for my perfect kettle and that would include a slightly conical bottom with a 1,5" tri clamp port on the bottom. Therefore it would need legs or some solution to stand.

Are you guys aware of any kettles like this on the market?

15-20gal stainless only

Have you tried a custom kettle from @SpikeBrewing ?
Not sure if they can do conical but might be worth a shot

Have you tried a custom kettle from @SpikeBrewing ?
Not sure if they can do conical but might be worth a shot

I haven't contacted them because their website states they don't ship to Iceland but maybe it's worth a shot.

Or @Jaybird /nor cal brewing?

Yeah they are doing one piece for me, I will ask them if they could do this also

I think the SS brewtech BME kettle is the only one like that. What's the attraction of a conical bottom drain?

The SsBt one isn't perfect for me but it would be the most appropriate of the mass produced kettles on the market I've seen.
The bottom drain would be mostly for cleaning purposes and completely draining the kettle without moving it. The norwegian Brewtools has a slight conical bottom with a bottom drain and it was really nice to brew with but that system isn't for me, yet I'd like that bottom drain on my own e -biabasket.

Stout tanks?

Thanks, will send them my ideas

A more direct line to your goal is to have a drain installed on a regular flat bottom pot as far forward to the front edge of the pot as possible and then intentionally pitch the kettle forward by 1 degree. That still gets you the full draining that you're looking for and you have your pick of more brands. I'm not saying it's impossible but making a new bottom for a kettle is going to be very expensive. Anyone capable of that kind of fabrication would probably just build the kettle from scratch since rolling and welding the sidewall is the easiest part.

A more direct line to your goal is to have a drain installed on a regular flat bottom pot as far forward to the front edge of the pot as possible and then intentionally pitch the kettle forward by 1 degree. That still gets you the full draining that you're looking for and you have your pick of more brands. I'm not saying it's impossible but making a new bottom for a kettle is going to be very expensive. Anyone capable of that kind of fabrication would probably just build the kettle from scratch since rolling and welding the sidewall is the easiest part.

Totally get your point and that will be the next mod on my current kettle if I won't find anything worth investing in

Back