Kegging problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UoweMe

Reaction score
I recently made a pumpkin spice ale. After fermentation everything was great, the recipe called for it to be carbonated at 2-2.5 carbonation. I kegged this beer and charged it to around 35 psi and was going to let it sit for a day but accidentally let it sit for four days before reducing the pressure now it tastes like co2. Is there anyway to save this beer, and how do I carbonate to a specific amount when kegging?

I recently made a pumpkin spice ale. After fermentation everything was great, the recipe called for it to be carbonated at 2-2.5 carbonation. I kegged this beer and charged it to around 35 psi and was going to let it sit for a day but accidentally let it sit for four days before reducing the pressure now it tastes like co2. Is there anyway to save this beer, and how do I carbonate to a specific amount when kegging?

Just turn off the gas now, and purge whenever you can. It should de-carb in a few days.

What's your fridge temperature? Mine is 40 degrees, so 12 psi is a perfect setting for most of my beers (at about 2.47 volumes of co2).

Here's a chart: http://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table.php

Back