Kegging Options?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIXFOOTER

Reaction score
What is available out there to keg small batches, smaller than a korni keg?
Things got in the way again and I have missed the date for bottle conditioning my beer for the local competition. I don't have space right now for a full on kegging rig, so I am looking for a solution, something maybe in a 1 gallon.
TIA

I saw somewhere just the other day a guy made a mini keg out of a garden sprayer, you know the kind you pump.

It was on another forum. I'll see if I can find it.

I found it but I dont know how to make a link so... its on the brewing network in brew sculptures on page 5. scroll down about halfway. sorry if naming another forum is bad etiquette

How much time do you have available to you?

Well, Usually I know a month or more ahead of time what the next tasting/competition is going to be at my LHBS, so I make the brew the weekend after a tasting (first wed of the month) and have just enough time to get it brewed, fermented and bottle conditioned in time for the next one. Last few months, events have conspired to hose up my schedule and again I have my beer made (Creme Ale) but had to run out of town for my sons graduation from med school. Now its been sitting in the primary for about 4 weeks, but the competition is tomorrow.
This one was way off the calendar, most of the time I end up with it in the bottles for a week maybe.
So I was thinking a small keg, bottle the rest to let nature do its thing.

Back