Kegging Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zfite731

Reaction score
I am going to try to kegging my brew for the first time this weekend. Once fermentation is complete and i transfer to the keg, what pressure do i crank it up to and how long do i leave it there to force carbonate it? Also, (might be a dumb question) but i'm assuming no sugar is needed since i will be force carbonating. Correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers!

FYI, I have tried the fast (burst) carbonation technique and overcarbed 3 times in a row (I am new to kegging). If I was you, I would set the PSI at 10-12 PSI, do not even try to drink it for at least 14 days. You will get an acid/metallic aftertaste if you do it wrong, and it will also taste flat if you overcarb.

I'm a fast carb guy and I chill for 24 hours then set to 30 psi and roll rot five minutes. After that let it sit for an hour, burp the keg, reset to serving pressure and enjoy. Just to be clear I have over carved when rolling for more than five minutes., but if you use a timer you will be good.

Latest posts

Back