kegging and aging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fur_252

Reaction score
Ok im a rookie to all of this and i got some questions....So my fiance bought be a brewing kit for my birthday...what a sweet gift! and then my uncle gave me his older kegging equipment, since he was going to be upgrading...what great timing! Im going to be trying a True Brew Brown Ale Kit so fermentation takes a week, then do i keg it force carbonate it and then let it age for 3 weeks? Im all ear to any comments to help me out and to make some good beer and any tips to make this kit better

Ok im a rookie to all of this and i got some questions....So my fiance bought be a brewing kit for my birthday...what a sweet gift! and then my uncle gave me his older kegging equipment, since he was going to be upgrading...what great timing! Im going to be trying a True Brew Brown Ale Kit so fermentation takes a week, then do i keg it force carbonate it and then let it age for 3 weeks? Im all ear to any comments to help me out and to make some good beer and any tips to make this kit better

Welcome to brewing your own...here is what I would do, I would leave your beer in your primary for 3 weeks...Ale have a vigorous fermentation between 2-6 days but completely ferment out over a 14 day period, then after they finish the primary fermentation, they start a conditioning phase...conditioning is where the yeast eat larger sugars and any biproduct of the fermentation process...after 3 weeks, rack to a keg, set to 30 psi for an hour (to check for leaks) then purge and set to your psi based on temperature its served at.
Here is a great reference for you to read: http://www.howtobrew.com/sitemap.html I really recommend reading the fermentation process and off flavors (it's usually what new brewers have the most questions about)!

Latest posts

Back