Keggin Set up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sok454

Reaction score
What is the best site you guys have found to get a basic kegging set up from? I already have a CO2 tank.... I guess I would just need regulator, kegs, and hoses.

Ultimate plan would be to do a Keezer... so eventually taps and a distributor would be needed as well.

Midwest seems to have the best prices (I'm shopping a 4 tap draft setup) that I've found. I'm just waiting on them to do free shipping or something like that again... (I should have jumped on it a couple of weeks ago).

I used BeverageFactory to get my kegerator. Quick shipping and decent prices and great customer service. There was also an issue with some of the bolts they sent with the package and when I called them and let them know what happened they had the correct parts overnighted without an additional charge.

They place i bought my CO2 tank from had beat up corny kegs for like 28.00 a few months ago. I just can never remember the name of the site! I looked at Birdman brewing since they allow you to customize your order as well.

I used BeverageFactory to get my kegerator. Quick shipping and decent prices and great customer service. There was also an issue with some of the bolts they sent with the package and when I called them and let them know what happened they had the correct parts overnighted without an additional charge.

I have to throw a yes in for BeverageFactory as well. I bought my CO2 distributor form them and the first one had a leak, they just sent me out a new one and told me to keep the old one for parts. Their prices seem to be pretty decent for draft towers and that stuff as well.

I have to admit though, I've been pretty lucky so far. I shopped strictly on price when refurbing my kegerator from one tap to three and used probably all the sites listed for one part or another. Everyone has been stellar so far.

My whole setup (4 double towers, regulators, gas lines, fittings etc) are also from Beverage Factory). Not a single problem...not sure about shipping, picked them up as I am local to them but great quality and service

After lots of shopping around, I got my 3-tap keezer setup (no kegs) from Birdman Brewing. His prices were the best I saw for what I wanted and the customer service from Brian (the owner) was excellent.

Wherever you buy from, there are two things to most certainly upgrade. First, go with Perlick 525SS faucets and stainless shanks. If you don't, I bet you'll end up buying them later when the cheap faucets leak or stick. Second, have the vendor use 10-12ft beer lines instead of the standard 5ft. I started with 5ft and recently switched over to 12ft. I'm much happier with the pour, amount of foam and level of carbonation I get with my reg set at 12 psi.

I've picked up kegs at Adventures in Homebrewing when they've put sets of 4 ball locks on sale. Their shipping seems to be more reasonable than other places I checked. The used kegs from them were good to excellent. Some even came with brand new lids.

Back