Kegerator questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustBeZ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a good sized deep freezer that was converted to a kegerator as well as a 5# co2 tank, regulator, and temp. controller. It has been used for full sized kegs from the liquor store and off of the gas line is the tap for a commercial keg.

I've been looking at the MFL disconnects and various parts and am a little confused on which ones I will need to start using this with corny kegs...any suggestions?

This picture pretty well sums up what you need to get a single ball lock corny keg on line.

HK1100.jpg

You have the keg, the CO2 tank, the regulator, and some amount of gas line terminated with - I gather - a flare fitting for a Sanke keg coupler.

If you only want to get one corny going, you need to replace the flare fitting (barb and swivel nut) sized for the Sanke coupler with one sized for a corny keg quick disconnect. Then get a gas QD, and a beer QD, 10' of 3/16" ID beer line, a handful of small worm clamps, and you'd be good to go.

If you want multiple kegs in that keezer, you need to add a gas distribution manifold of some type. While you can cobble together a manifold from Tees and/or Wyes, pipe nipples and a spool of pipe tape, I prefer to use manifolds that have individual shutoffs with integrated check valves, similar to this:
4waySITE.jpg

That ought to get you going!

Cheers!

Back