Kegerator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navy_Chief

Reaction score
I have a quick question for those of you who have converted a upright fridge with the upper freezer compartment into a kegerator. What is the temp of the freezer compartment when you have the fridge at serving temps? And what do you use the upper compartment for?

Thanks!
:mug:

I got a fridge with a removable freezer compartment, so... uhh, the temps are 39* F in the entire fridge, since it's now one compartment, and I removed the freezer compartment, so as to turn the fridge into a tower-style kegerator.

Sorry I should have been more specific, I am actually considering a full size refrigerator with the freezer above the fridge so that is what I was asking about.

Anybody?
:mug:

I set the refrigerator compartment at 4 and the freezer at D. It's touch and go until you find the best combo. I try for 38 degrees in the ref. I use the top for making ice, freezing hops, and keeping a couple of sixers of sanitized bottles for bottling from the keg.

Edit: The freezer compartment, I don't know the exact temp., but it makes ice and keeps everything frozen.

I keep a keg and some beer in my basement fridge, then just regular frozen food in the (separate) freezer compartment. No problems. It's just like having a fridge in your kitchen, or an extra freezer in the house.

Same setup as Broonery. We have 4 kids and need all the freezer space we can get.

buzzkill said:
mine stays at about 40-45 deg. and the freezer keeps the ice and other stuff frozen no problem.

Mine is the same way. The freezer is used to make ice, freeze hops and to freeze food. It's like having an extra freezer.

Latest posts

Back