Kegerator Project: Check out my results!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chavi

Reaction score
Hello. This is my second or so post on HBT. This website is awesome and has provided me with a lot of information on everything brewing. I am a poor college student and have recently been in search of a refrigerator/mini-fridge to convert into a kegerator. At first, my approach was looking for a mini-fridge, but I cant afford a $165.00 mini-fridge and the kegging equipment. At my budget, a $165 fridge might as well be a $100,000 fridge. For the past month or so, I have been looking on craigslist for any deals; unfortunately, nothing ever came up that was worth buying or was out of my price range. Two days ago, some college student was getting rid of his fridge for free! I jumped on that and rented a truck to get it. Of course getting the fridge was the hardest part- his apartment was on a cliff and the only way up and down were these steep steps (about 25 of them). Getting the fridge to my place is a whole other story, but the important part is I got it. Now, when I say fridge, it might have looked like a fridge 10 years ago. This thing was DISGUSTING. I am an optimist, and saw the potential in this thing (or maybe its because you can't beat free). After a day of work, it looks practically brand new! It runs great and is kegerator ready! All I have to do now is order the refrigerator kit (ill probably buy from kegconnection) And i need to fix the inside door panel; im going to get a dry erase board and place it there. Check out my before and after pics. Ill update again once I get my keg stuff.

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

Yipes! :eek:

I was not prepared for those "before" pics... nasty! Good job cleaning it up, though.

Now get some beer in there!

-Steve

Looks good now you just gotta dremel the inside shelves off the rest of the way.

The fridge could have been worse mine had a nice stench of dead deer, and a trap underneath it full of coagulated rotting deer blood. I should have got a picture of that, but didn't feel like vomiting on my camera.

Looks good now you just gotta dremel the inside shelves off the rest of the way.

The fridge could have been worse mine had a nice stench of dead deer, and a trap underneath it full of coagulated rotting deer blood. I should have got a picture of that, but didn't feel like vomiting on my camera.

On behalf of all of HBT...thank you for NOT sharing that experience!

Back