Kegerator not pouring right??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fvirzi

Reaction score
I just hooked up a second tap on my garage fridge. I put a keg of amberbock on one and my esb home brew on the other. The amberbock is coming out super fast no matter the psi and the esb has stopped coming out all together. I am so confused. I untapped both and purged the c02 out to sit overnight. Was thinking maybe my corny keg might need a new o ring on the out put side. Any help would be great and sorry for putting this here if it shouldn't be

What happens if you swap the kegs and disconnects? Does the ESB start pouring fast with no pour from the amber?

No I tried and its the same no matter if I switch. The one thing I learned from searching this forum is that I need longer beer lines but don't think that will solve all my problems

Okay, sounds like a poppet isn't getting depressed by the disconnect on the ESB keg. Now, to determine which one:

Disconnect the gas from both kegs. Purge the CO2 from the ESB keg. Reconnect the gas and listen for gas entering the keg. If you can hear it going in, then the OUT poppet is not depressing when the disconnect is attached. If you can't hear the gas going in, then the IN poppet is not being depressed. Did you disassemble the kegs to clean them when you got them? If so, you may have not assembled the posts correctly, which would cause trouble with the poppet.

I can hear the gas going in..... Haven't messed with anything and I have had the keg around 2 years. Put a new o ring on the gas side because it was leaking and will do the same to the beer side tomorrow. My regulator is a dual one but have always just had one tap running out of it.

I blasted some c o2 befor but just remembered the psi wasn't very high when I did it so just blasted it with 30psi and that did the trick. It is at 10 psi now an pouring slowish which doesn't bother but am hoping the commercial keg pours better tomorrow when I retap it with the psi that high and also will try replacing hose with 10 ft hose. Thanks for the help

- The amber bock keg, is it HB or is it a commercial one?
- Do you have one way valves on your gas lines? Is the amber bock backing up into your gas lines?
- Have you tried just hooking up one keg at a time?

It almost sounds like the bock is overcarbed, or at least compared to the ESB, hence the extremely fast pours and would require many purges to get the pressures to equalize.
Additionally, do check that gas is flowing out both gas out lines, then check and see if the ESB keg is under pressure (does the prv vent gas?), then check if the esb will dispense beer (use a screwdriver/fork or something else with a sanatized cloth or paper towel wrapped around it and depress the poppit on the gas out side to see if beer comes out. If the gas is flowing, the keg is holding pressure and beer still does not come out you probably have a clogged dip tube. if all works properly it may be the Qucik Disconnect.

If it is the dip tube you can try shooting a touch of gas in the beer out line (swap the disconnect to the beer one on the gas line as if you mix up the disconnects it is a huge PITA to get them off again) to dislodge.

Latest posts

Back