Kegerator: edgestar vs igloo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmeek

Reaction score
Been in the market for a kegerator/fermentation chamber for a while now and right now there is a 6 cu ft igloo kegerator at Home Depot for $298. I'm aware that the taps etc that come with it are garbage but if the unit itself is solid that could make it worthwhile. Ive also seen an edgestar floating around $280-$325 on amazon that comes ready to install equipment
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0079RNADQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?qid=1419276766&sr=8-10&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Anyone have any suggestions on which brand is, well... BETTER?

I just assembled an edgestar dual tap this weekend. I can say that the refrigerator unit is nothing special (at all) but the hoses and hookups are all very well constructed and solid.
It was easy to setup (after watching the youtube video anyway)...and I can attest to the fact that it works.
Hope that helps.

Definitely, thx for the input! Is the unit poorly constructed?? I'm going to be building from the ground up with either one, I just need a good unit.

The refrigerator unit isn't poorly made, but it's a bit flimsy...It looked like it was shipped with considerable care and it still arrived with a few good size dents in it. It isn't anything special really, just a dorm fridge with the drilling already completed.
Good luck.

Back