Kegerator Door question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman6409

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just got access to a fairly old tall mini fridge to try and convert to a kegerator. I had to take off the inside if the door and the seal as it will not close with kegs in there. Anyways it appears there is definitely no way to screw the door seal back on. It looks like it was, if you will, "hinged" around the shelves on the door that I just took off. There are definitely no screw holes in the seal. Any suggestions?

Epoxy, liquid nails, double sided tape... how permanent do you want it? Since I've never had to replace a fridge gasket I'd probably go straight to the epoxy under the assumption the compressor will die long before I need that gasket to come back off.

I used liquid nails to handle the changing temps/humidity (in my head it made sense). Has worked great over the last year. I also sprayed the inside of the door with clear enamel to kind of seal everything.

I should have cut the actual plastic door on mine, leaving that part of the plastic that "hinges" the seal on, that's what most others do too, but I didn't. So I glued it on and it works fine, maybe only seals 98% as good though. Had to put weight on it while the glue dried over night too.

Back