Kegerator deal??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimEb

Reaction score
Saw a complete kegerator setup on my local Craigslist.
Its a small dorm style fridge complete with two 2.5 gallon kegs, reg, and 10lb CO2 tank.

The hang up is its listed around $500. I'm not up on all this, but that seems really high. What do you think?

I wouldn't take that deal - this is no tower or taps, right? Since dorm fridges can be found free or cheap if you look you're really paying for the other stuff. Morebeer is selling the brand new Italian 2.5 gal kegs for 110$, I've gotten the cheaper stackable ones before from adventures in homebrewing for a lot less than that. You can usually find a deal on a tank as well so even with a new regulator you should be able to come out way under that asking price.

This has taps coming straight out the door, no tower.

Definitely doesnt sound like a deal to me. I bought a brand new chest freezer from a local store that fits 2-5 gallon cornies and a few 2.5gallons if I wanted to for $250. Add a temp controller for 70 bucks, a few used kegs and some stainless taps/shanks and line and you're pretty much at $500 with brand new stuff.

That's way too high, and obviously so is the seller.

Keep checking craigslist and the "for sale" section here. Good deals on kegerators pop up on occasion...

Wisconsin? There's always a lot of keggerators on cl for Chicagoland and Milwaukee areas!

Edit: GO PACK GO!!!

Latest posts

Back