Keg leaks from bottom - Ideas for use or garbage?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALExanderH

Reaction score
I gave a corny keg that has a slight leak from the bottom. I have enough kegs for beers so I was wondering if there is something I can use it for or is it just garbage?

Fill the bottom half with pea gravel, top half with soil and put a house plant in it? Might be a cool brewhouse decoration and eat up some of the CO2 floating around there.:drunk:

I gave a corny keg that has a slight leak from the bottom. I have enough kegs for beers so I was wondering if there is something I can use it for or is it just garbage?

Mark where the leak occurs. Clean the inside of the keg well, then put tape over the leaking area on the outside of the key and pour a little epoxy inside where the leak is. Let it set up for at least 24 hours, preferably 30 to 36 and the leak will be gone. Use the least amount of epoxy you can that will cover the leak.:rockin:

Back