Keg gurgling when filling and sampling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
I was filling my keg using a closed system transfer, filling in the keg through the beer out dip tube. The entire time I heard a gurgling noise. When I just took a gravity sample from the beer out dip tube, I heard the same noise. Anyone experience this before? I've used this keg before with no issues.

I am not hearing a gurgle but in my new pursuit of closed transfers, I am seeing bubbles in the tube from the fermenter spigot to the keg disconnect. They seem to be traveling from the keg up. Sort of the same situation in what is supposed to be closed?

Those are most likely just co2 bubbles coming out of suspension from fermentation. I was thinking that could be my issue but it also happened when I pulled a sample today. I've been doing transfers this way for a while and this is the first time I'm hearing this sound.

Is your keg lid gasket in good shape, lubed, and well seated?

Yup. I replaced all orings with good quality ones. The keg held pressure for 5 days while it was finishing fermenting and carbing.

Latest posts

Back