Keg Dispensing For 4th Of July Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stylus1274

Reaction score
I plan on kegging for an outdoor 4th party. I live in Florida so it will be melting hot then.

I've read a few different posts on here about kegging for parties and such. But wanted to pitch my set-up/scenario and see if anyone has any better suggestions or ideas.

I don't plan on buying any new hose or set-up. Just want to use what I have. I currently use a 12 foot hose (I think it's 12). I have no issues with poor.

I was thinking of using one tub/bucket with ice to keep the keg in and then another one with my hose and have that iced down as well to help prevent foamy pours.

What do you think?

I plan on kegging for an outdoor 4th party. I live in Florida so it will be melting hot then.

I've read a few different posts on here about kegging for parties and such. But wanted to pitch my set-up/scenario and see if anyone has any better suggestions or ideas.

I don't plan on buying any new hose or set-up. Just want to use what I have. I currently use a 12 foot hose (I think it's 12). I have no issues with poor.

I was thinking of using one tub/bucket with ice to keep the keg in and then another one with my hose and have that iced down as well to help prevent foamy pours.

What do you think?
I use pool noodles to insulate my lines from iced tub to my cooler with plate chiller on ice. Works great when touring in Texas and Arizona in the winter. Are you using a chiller or just a picnic tap?

Set up and chill down two hours before event. Vent off keg and set regulator at 8 psi and increase as required. Open tap all the way and tilt your glass 45 degrees to start pours. It should stay around 38 degrees. I stack two 5 gallon pails with bottom cut out of one and line the inside with urethane foam sheets and use a cover with two outlets (one for beer line and one for CO2 line in) to insulate the top after the ice has been added. Keep as much of your line as possible in the ice. It will work fine. One ice addition will do the whole process.

Set up and chill down two hours before event. Vent off keg and set regulator at 8 psi and increase as required. Open tap all the way and tilt your glass 45 degrees to start pours. It should stay around 38 degrees. I stack two 5 gallon pails with bottom cut out of one and line the inside with urethane foam sheets and use a cover with two outlets (one for beer line and one for CO2 line in) to insulate the top after the ice has been added. Keep as much of your line as possible in the ice. It will work fine. One ice addition will do the whole process.

Thank you pigroaster

Back