Keg box build with mini fridge help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbehr

Reaction score
Originally I was going to use the below pictured chest freezer and have a tower come out of the top and through the bar. My two options were to make an easily dismountable tower so the whole freezer could slide out from the bar for keg changes or to make the top of the bar hinge open. I haven’t found a solution I like for either of these situation so my next thought is to either get two small 4.4 cu/ft fridges(will have to extend bar a few inches for 2 to fit) or get one small fridge and build a keg box.

I’m leaning towards one small fridge as it will 1) save money 2) actually allow me to store a full keg in the box(right hand portion) 3) not run the warranty by cutting the insides all apart if I got with a new fridge

My main question/concern is how much of an area is a little fridge capable of keeping cool? I was thinking of grabbing a 4.4cu/ft that would essentially fit two sixtels/cornies and then I should be able to fit another two or even a full barrel on the right side.

Pardon my crummy drawing but the red box would be the fridge with door removed opening to the left. The blue would be foam insulation sealed to the fridge with some type of door(s) on the front.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394716942.552051.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396491761.324843.jpg
Don't know if you're still working on expanding your fridge but thought I'd share mine which is a similar design. Seems to hold temp well. I have a little computer fan in there to keep the air moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back