Keezer Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CezarJozay

Reaction score
Ok so here is the story. I new to homebrewing but already realized that bottling sucks!

I want to start kegging, I have a big chunk of money coming to me coming in early April 2018
I'm not a mans man, by that i mean I don't build things. My tools collection doesn't even include and electric drill at this point. So building a keezer, although it sounds amazing, is out of the picture. I do however like the idea of being able to add more taps as I grow and also to be able to use it as a fermentation chamber. Are there any pre-made options out there? or should I just hire a handy man haha

What would you guys recommend?

Do you have any buddy's that drink your beer? If so, put them to work! It's not that tough to build a collar to put on a chest freezer. Another option is to convert a refrigerator, then you just have to drill thru the door to install your taps.

There are plenty of options to purchase, most are small (one or two taps) or can get very costly for more taps.

The skills required are really simple. Do you know anyone with basic handtools that could help you out (pay'em in beer)? Hiring someone for this kind of project just seems overkill and an option of last resort. Having said all of that, a used kezzer off Craigslist or the like would seem to be a viable option in your instance.

It's ok, if everybody built their own stuff, us makers would starve.

There are many factory built options out there. Just do an internet search. No reason to build if you don't want to.

Are you in a homebrew club? If so there's probably a few people who have built a keezer and would be willing to lend a hand. Or maybe sell you theirs so they can build themselves a new, updated model.

All great ideas, I bought one of Craig’s list dirt cheap along with 6 kegs

It’s old and was nasty, some cleanup and new gaskets and lines and it’s awesome

CezarJozay, I'm sure by now you've found a solution but if your every in for a road trip, Renegade Brewing Supplies in Turlock. This Husband Wife duo are awesome. Are more than happy to help, customer service is top notch. They truly love brewing and wont waste your time, no snobs there. They have treated me and anyone that I know of stopping in there with class. Oh and by they way while you wait for them to get your stuff together you can sample what they have on tap.

Back