Keezer for bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IvanTheTerribrew

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so here's my situation:
I had a mini fridge to keep my bottles beers in and it has since lost most of it's chilling effect. It is tough to find a good sized mini fridge for bottles but I also don't want to get a regular fridge because it's just too big.

I'm considering getting a chest freezer and making it a keezer. I already have a kegerator to draft my beers which I'm very happy with for now.
I'm wondering if I do install a stc-1000 to the freezer if it would work for me to keep bottles in it or if there's too much risk of bottles freezing from the walls getting too cold.
Plus it wouldn't be bad for me to just have it in case one day I decide to upgrade my kegerator taps into the keezer. Any thoughts?

- ISM NRP

Depending on which freezer you get, you may not need a controller. I picked up a 7.2 CuFT Igloo recently that actually has a 'Refridgerate' setting that keeps my bottles and kegs at 38*F constantly.

20140706_140509.jpg

Is the vertical size of a refrigerator the problem?

My wife bought me an 11.0 cubic foot Danby, no freezer compartment, for bottles and harvested yeast. Foot print is small. Height not quite typical full size kitchen frig. It is also very quiet.

I put it on a dolly if the need arises to move it in the brew room.

Back