Keezer Collar Stain...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Pizzel

Reaction score
Im making a collar with 2x6s and then adding a nice 1x8 faceboard around the outside. My question is should I stain between these two woods where I am going to be gluing them together?

On another note, after a corny has had several beers pulled from it, can I store it on its side, gas side up obviously? I cant really see why not, with exception of there being a larger pool of inaccessible beer towards the very end of the keg due to the beer tubes position....

My usual practice is to stain only areas that show and a little of the hidden area if I am staining before assembly of a wood project. Adhesives seem to work better on raw wood than on wood that has been stained.

The liquid tube in a corny goes to the center of the bottom. Placing the corny on it's side will only drain about 1/2 of the liquid before you begin getting only CO2 because the dip tube will be at mid-level.

Latest posts

Back