Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveWPG

Reaction score
Done most of my keezer build. Have been wanting to do this for a long time. Two beers on tap is just not enough... :)

Got the freezer for $200 from a sketchy used appliance store. The guy who sold it to me kept telling me how great of a deal I was getting, if he had refurbished it then it would have been way more, etc. In the end it works and didn't have any dead things in it so I'm happy. It was originally white and very scratched up and dirty. It is now (as you can see) gloss black (used Tremclad rust paint). There are still some dents but nothing too bad.

I haven't tested this conclusively but I think it will hold 9 or 10 kegs + CO2 with the 8" collar I built. With the collar ball lock kegs can easily sit on the hump. Only 4 taps for now; I might add more later. I will probably use this to have kegs force carbing and cold to give to other people. I will eventually be replacing the lid with a bar top so that people can sit at the back of it. It will be integrated into the rest of my bar as I finish my basement.

2012-11-30 18.46.32-P50.jpg

2012-11-30 18.46.50-P50.jpg

2012-12-03 18.25.42-P50.jpg

Back