Keezer build questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipefighter

Reaction score
Hey there I've decided to build a keezer . There is a post in this fourm "3 taps through the wall" or something like that . I want to copy this chest freezer with a colar but putting my keezer under my stairwell limits the space I will have to lift the lid . I have 60 inches from floor to "ceiling" not much room once I put a collar on chest freezer to lift lid and put kegs/ carboy in. Do you guys think I should get a upright freezer or have the lid latch on front and back of a chest freezer so I ca completely remove it for putting in kegs. Any input welcome

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Home Brew mobile app

Hey there I've decided to build a keezer . There is a post in this fourm "3 taps through the wall" or something like that . I want to copy this chest freezer with a colar but putting my keezer under my stairwell limits the space I will have to lift the lid . I have 60 inches from floor to "ceiling" not much room once I put a collar on chest freezer to lift lid and put kegs/ carboy in. Do you guys think I should get a upright freezer or have the lid latch on front and back of a chest freezer so I ca completely remove it for putting in kegs. Any input welcome

That or build something to put it on that has wheels, so that you can wheel it out to do what you need to do.

Ya the taps are going through the interior wall of the house so freezer won't be move able .

take a picture of the location and where you want the taps to go for a better reference. but my keezer sits at roughly 43 inches with an 8 inch collar and at its highest peak opened up its roughly 62 inches. i mounted my collar to the lid btw. the keezer us a 7 cu ft kirkland signature by whirlpool.

Back