Keezer Build and one random question!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZachY2072

Reaction score
Yo HBT!

You guys have always been so awesome at answering my questions that I thought I'd just drop some questions I had about my keezer build in here!

Basically I have the freezer (plenty large enough, just forgot the dimensions) four total kegs (for now) two 5lb CO2 tanks and a temp controller.
My question is where is a good place to get shanks and taps and all? I also would like a four port CO2 distributor manifold. I have it priced at around $240 at Midwestsupplies.com
Is there anything I'm forgetting and might need?

***Bonus question!!!****

I have been having a lot of boil overs at the hot break, is there any way to prevent this or stop it in its tracks? I have an 8 gal pot and make 5 gal batches.

Thanks HBT, you guys are alllllllright.

I'll tackle your first question since I recently purchased a keg kit.....great comparative pricing, so I would see how it matches up against midwest. Overall, I think your pricing, product, and shipping will net you a better deal here as I compared like crazy against other suppliers.

http://birdmanbrewing.com/

Re: your boil over problem, you have two options that could help.

1) get a bigger kettle. There are some good deals to be had on eBay or Amazon. 10gal would probably serve you well for 5 gallon batches, but if you're planning on upgrading to 10 gallon batches you'll need to go bigger.

2) Invest in some Fermcap-S! It's around 4 bucks for a vile that will last you for 20ish 5gal batches and it significantly reduces the chances of a boil over. Pretty neat stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Kegconnection.com. If you price it out online you can then email or call them. They will be sure you get a good price.

Buy a bigger kettle. It is really a stress reducer.

(As per John J Palmer's advice) Place a few copper pennies in the pot during the boil. Clean em first with your normal brewery equipment soap (no dyes / fragrances). The boiling action will sanitize them.

Tried this a few times before I finally got a bigger pot. Works well w/ no metallic flavors in the beer.

Latest posts

Back