Keep experimenting with the wife....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StusBrew

Reaction score
So got a bomber of Irish Death and finally got a framboise lambic. Never tried the lambic before and always curious. Talked about it with the wife. She thought it'd be a good idea.

It's one of those things that I try a new brew. Or brew something new. And she indulges me and takes a sip. Her only reply: "Yep, tastes like beer." I'm not too heartbroken about it. Less to share! More for me.

But this lambic. Loving it. But honestly, couldn't have it all the time. Pretty fruity stuff. Tart. Can kind of get the sour notes. It's pretty awesome stuff really.

Anyway, found a beer the wife likes. She actually had a whole glass and downed it before me.

Now there's this pressure of: Gotta brew it. Share this hobby/obssesion; what have you, with her.

congrats on getting the wife into it. maybe she won't be "are you finished yet, so you can come in and be with me?"

Good job! You just keep on "Experimenting on the wife", 'cause they don't like to get bored!;)
I had a raspberry lambic about a year ago, and loved it. Maybe someday I'll venture into that brewing territory myself.

Yeah, still mastering what I know now. And I hear from forum and magazine's, etc. Still get a bad vibe from a bacteria helping to ferment and then this stuff was supposedly "fermentation spontanee". Maybe one day.
Though, maybe could brew a cherry stout. Had some from Walking Man. They can't hold onto the stuff I guess.
Let's put it this way, it'll be another beer to put on the "bucket list". To brew.

My wife says all my brews are too bitter. I poured her a cream ale I did from a BB kit and she loved it. I also had her helping weigh grains at the LHBS last night. Even showed her where the yeast and hops are (they are in a walk-in cooler that is not obvious) so if I need her to make an emergency run, she'll know what to do :mug:

Latest posts

Back