KAB4 Banjo Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staestc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm very much new to brewing but I knew I needed a new burner for a lot of reasons. So I ordered a Bayou Classic KAB4 after reading a lot about it here. I was worried about if it would be too hot an uncontrollable for anything other than boiling wort.

It is not. It's just a fantastic piece of equipment. I can't attest to how quickly it will boil x gallons of wort since I won't brew with it till tomorrow, but I can tell you it is amazing for the amount of heat control you get. I'm caramelizing onions for French onion soup just to break in the burner and it is just simply amazing. After I brew tomorrow I will update but I can't imagine it will be less than fantastic!

Travis'n'Texas

Welcome to HBT and the obsession/addiction of home brewing, yes let us know how your new burner works out and what you will be brewing tomorrow. (extract, biab, all-grain, etc.) Hope that your brew day goes well. :mug:

I posted somewhere here. I'm doing the Quaffable Irish Red recipe that is down in the recipe section. It's my first 5 gallon batch after the two Mr Beer batches I got with the kit for Daddy's day. But this burner just rocks compared to what I had!

Travis'n'Texas

A couple guys that I brew with have that burner. They both enjoy it as well.
I have a couple of Bayou Classic SP-10 burners and could not be happier.
The advantage that I think I have over them is wind protection.
BUT... Either burner will blow out on a windy day, mine just takes a little more wind to knock out.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back