Just watched the MLS Allstar Game...drank every five minutes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
The game was great, Tim Howard is an amazing player. I am sad that the MLS Allstars didn't win, but I am glad that Tim Howard was the reason they lost. I mean, come on! US Soccer needs all the help it can get, and I am so glad that we export phenomenal goaltenders.

Other than that, I am druck.

Cheers!

I will admit that we have many sports that import great players from abroad, but football/soccer isn't normally one of them. Sure, we get the players that were great or that have nowhere to go within their profession (aka David Beckham (sorry England Fans, but he left for the total season to play on loan so that he could meet the criteria of the England National Team coach of "playing at a premier level", if he is coming to the US for the money then live up to it and if he is coming here to play then play. Real Madrid obviously didn't want him as well as when he was injured, so did we revive his career and pay a lot, sure did), Freddy Ljundberg, Pele), but it is great to see that it is gaining momentum. 20,000 fans in attendance. Sure, there could have been more, but come on. We are trying to fill stadiums with fans and only just beginning to.

That said, it was the first time that anyone has beat the MLS Allstars.

PS...MLS has a long way to go to be equal to Premier, Spanish Premier or Italian Serie A. However, if we are going to pay as much then I expect the players to play well and be as fiercely loyal as they are in said leagues. That said, the US National team is doing pretty well on the national level in the past 10-20 years and we are doing better every year (aside from 2002 and 2006). By the way, August 12 is the US National Team world cup qualifier.

The all-star game was a fun to watch and good to see almost sell-out crowd - but whats with going straight to pk's? and I might enjoy the return of east v west format rather than mls 11 v second tier euro squad.

August 12 qualifier will hopefully go much better than the gold cup final, although we've never won at azteca.

You're in norcal? Support the 'quakes?

Back